Please click on Spring 2020 School Menu to see the menu for Spring 2020.
Children in Reception are able to pre-order their menu choice – information is sent home at the end of each term. Children also have a choice of a jacket potato with either beans, cheese or tuna or a sandwich plate. The sandwich plate consists of a cheese, ham, egg or tuna baguette, vegetable sticks and fruit, a pizza or sausage roll, cake or bun and a carton of fresh juice.
Our school meals follow a healthy-eating policy they are produced freshly every day in our school kitchen from only:
- fresh meat and poultry sourced from the region;
- fruit and vegetables sourced regionally where possible using local suppliers;
- products free from additives associated with health problems in young children;
- fats free from hydrogenated oils; with
- menus that are nutritionally balanced
Please click on the link below for more information about school meals:
From September 2014 key stage one children (reception, years 1 and 2) are entitled to a free school meal. For key stage two pupils (years 3, 4, 5 and 6) the price is £2.90 and adult and visitor meals are £3.50.
In our school our meals;
- have a three-menu cycle, allowing children to become familiar with the food served;
- are changed every term to reflect the seasons; and
- are written in consultation with pupils and cooks.
For more information about food policy and nutrition click on the following links:
Can my child be given a special diet?
Our school can provide medical, religious or cultural diets. Please write to the Head Teacher stating the required diet. Medical diets will require a letter from a doctor or dietician.
Our caterers are happy to meet you to discuss our menus to ensure they conform to the particular diet.
Our cooks receive training and advice on a wide range of dietary needs, including nut allergies; egg-free, gluten free and diary-free diets; diabetic; vegetarian and vegan.
Please speak to your school if you have concerns.
Allergen Information is available for all school meals. If you have any concerns or require any information please ring or call into school.
It is very important that we are given up to date information about your child’s food allergies and intolerances.
Please click on the link for further information https://www.food.gov.uk/sites/default/files/fsa-dfe-eu-fic-schools-posterv2.pdf